- Date & Time
- Day 2 (25th June) 13:35 - 14:05
- Training Theatre
- English (with English Slides)
- Target Audience
- Developers, Users, IT Managers
- Basic knowledge of data analytics
PostgreSQL is one of the popular open source RDBMSes in the world. PostgreSQL has been developed by the community for decades and supported by many application developers and DBAs for long years. PostgreSQL is trying to combining the traditional database discipline with the modern features and practices, such as NoSQL capability to handle JSON documents with supporting ACID properties.
Now, many PostgreSQL developers are focusing on several analytics features that would allow us to run analytic/bigdata projects with PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is supporting various SQL syntaxes for analytics, subqueries and WITH clause, Window functions for complicated aggregations, various aggregation functions. In addition to that, the next PostgreSQL major release, PostgreSQL 9.6, is supposed to support parallel queries (parallel sequential scan and parallel join) to take advantages of many-core servers to handle large amount of data.
This talk would cover various topics about PostgreSQL features/advantages for analytics/bigdata projects that you shouldn’t miss.
- WITH clause
- Window Functions
- Subqueries, various syntaxes.
- Transactional DDL
- User Defined Functions and In-Database Processing
- BSD-Style Open Source License
- Strict Data Type, Check Constraints
- Several Join Types: Nested Loop Join, Hash Join, Merge Join
- SQL Standard, and Connectors for various programming languages
- Parallel Processing (Parallel Sequential Scan and Parallel Join)
- PostgreSQL in Japan, Asia and Worldwide
- Uptime Technologies LLC
Open Source, Database and Data Center Engineer. Data Steward. Coffee addicted Geek. Asian Traveler. Co-founder at Uptime Technologies. Chairperson of the board at Japan PostgreSQL Users Group. A member of the pgDay Asia organizing committee.