- Date & Time
- Day 3 (26th June) 14:00 - 17:15
- Training Room 1-3
- English (with English Slides)
- Target Audience
- This event requires pre-registration. You'll get the registration link after you purchased HKOSCon 2016 ticket
Your domain knowledge is important. Be it Social Science, Hard Science or even Journalism. With a deeper understanding of how computer really works, can make you more efficient in your research career.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- how to use the command line interface (Unix Shell),
- how to write software that is maintainable and reusable and
- how to use version control software.
This course is based on the material from the Software Carpentry.
Chung-hong Chan 電鋸
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong R User Group
- JMSC, HKU
That computational social scientist or whatever.